Amicus is looking for an exceptional Administration Officer Part-time
(25hrs per week) 19k per annum, temporary contract
(March - June inc. 2020)
1. All day to day office administration: including, inter alia:
- Often first point of contact for general enquiries.
- Membership: processing applications; chasing renewals; keeping database up-to-date.
- Biannual training programme: processing applications; liaising with venues; collating materials; communicating with delegates; guest speaker itineraries.
- US and UK programme management: processing applications; keeping database up-to-date; logistics for interview panel and interview dates.
- Casework: logistical support; keeping database up-to-date.
- Events: assisting with the preparation, planning and logistics of fundraising and awareness raising events; same for university talks (including for student groups).
- Journal: managing mailing list and subscriptions.
- Newsletter: support and editorial as required.
- Meetings: minute taking and document preparation.
2. Office volunteers: day-to-day supervision of office volunteers (who support this role’s administrative duties). In time, recruit and train new office volunteers.
3. Finance: data entry and updates using Salesforce and Excel programmes.
4. Student group programme: point of contact for existing student reps, including support for fundraising targets; keep ‘starter kit’ updated; recruit new students reps.
5. Website and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instragram and Twitter): updates as required.
6. Managing the Director’s diary and emails.
7. Assisting the Director and Operations Manager with ad hoc tasks and work as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Ability to prioritise a demanding and varied workload.
2. Strong attention to detail.
3. Keen to be part of a small, committed team with a willingness to assist colleagues in all areas of the charity’s work when necessary.
4. High level of IT skills, experience of Excel a necessity and the ability to learn new processes: Office suite particular.
5. Knowledge/experience of CMS systems (we use Salesforce).
6. Ability to manage diary and emails for a third party.
How to Apply:
Applications by email (to Margot Ravenscroft: firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1st 2020 by CV and a (maximum one page) covering letter highlighting how your skills and experience meet the role’s needs. Interviews likely to be second week of February 2020.
Deadline 1st Februrary 2020