London Office Volunteers
UK Office Volunteer - Job Description:
We occasionally have volunteer placement vacancies in our office in Central London (Farringdon), which require a minimum time commitment of 14 hours per week for 3 months. We are looking for individuals over the age of 16 who are responsible, motivated and able to work on their own initiative. The ideal candidates will also be flexible, able to work as part of a small team and keen to gain experience in the legal/human rights field.
*Please note: For all placements, membership of Amicus is required.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are conducting remote placements in our virtual office.
- Sending out correspondence, processing registrations, communicating with members and handling general queries
- Assisting with the administration and completion of casework
- Helping to keep our Twitter and Facebook accounts and our website updated
- Researching grants and other funding opportunities
- Assisting Amicus staff with the planning and preparation of various events
- Additional ad hoc tasks as required
Please note that as we are a small office, with a great need for support, we give this description as a guide only; placements will be comprised of the work most needed at the time.
- Must be over the age of 16
- Membership of Amicus
- Strong relevant work experience, preferably in an office environment (can include voluntary work)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office packages
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in law and human rights
- Experience of administration-based work
- Experience of work in marketing, fundraising, publicity and/or event management
- Experience of using social media for professional purposes
- Law graduates or those currently undertaking a law degree or other relevant qualification
All volunteers are required to commit to 14 hours per week (across 2 days a week) for 3 months. Please note that we are currently unable to provide expenses.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements and your preferred placement dates and availability, to email@example.com.
Please do not apply sooner than 4 months before your desired placement dates.
Please note that we accept applications on a rolling basis, and are currently seeking volunteers for the months of April-July 2021.
Keep an eye out for vacancies and further details on our website (under News) and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Speculative applicants may be considered for a shorter placement if they are able to commit a more substantial amount of time. Please send a CV and short cover letter.